When it comes to char-boiled food, nothing compares to a good electric smoker, one that you can rely one for your home-cooked food. Now the thing is, there are plenty of companies out there claiming that their electric smokers are the best in town but then again, only a few can actually get the job done. One of these reliable electric smokers comes from the SmartChef. In this article, we will give you the best Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker with SmartChef Technology review ever so you can see why it is one of the best electric smokers in the market. So if you are ready, let us guide you as we go through the pros, cons and features of this electric smoker.
Before buying any electric smoker, it is important that you have a know-how about its features. The Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker is made with an internal meat temperature monitor and a chamber temperature that can be used with the help of a SmartChef app. The SmartChef sends you notifications and alerts you when the food you are cooking is complete or done. It also has a cooking capacity of four internal chrome racks that can accommodate any size of food that you would like to cook. It also provides you with all the smoke you need, thanks to the full size smoker box that allows you to smoke your food for a good 6.5 hours or so. It also weighs 50 lbs. which is easy to lift or drag when you are cooking.
Pros of the Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker with SmartChef Technology
Now if you are planning to buy this smoker then it’s best to know the reasons why you should buy it in the first place. Here are some of the best reasons why you should:
- It’s measured at around 725 square inches which is perfect for your backyard grill-outs.
- It’s sold at an affordable price, which is quite reasonable if you are on a tight budget.
- This electric smoker is made of steel cabinets with double-wall insulation which makes this smoker outstanding.
- You can control this smoker with the use of its digital program controller.
- It also has a meat probe that allows you to see if the meat you are cooking is complete or cooked through without any hassles.
- You don’t need to poke or guess if the meat is done since you can check it’s doneness in the digital thermometer that this smoker comes along with.
- It is designed with an LED display remote that allows you to check and control the smoker even if you are a hundred feet away.
- The door is designed to clamp shut so you know that the smoker is trapped well within the walls of this smoker.
- The smoke box can house in wood chips for a good 6 hours and 30 minutes to as long as 8 hours. So you don’t have to worry about constantly refilling your wood chips every hour with this kind of smoker.
- It also comes with a water pan that can hold any amount of moisture. It also has a grease tray holder that slides out easily so you don’t have to worry about cleaning up after you are done cooking.
- The design looks very new and modern so you can definitely put this smoker on display around your house.
- It comes with a controller that is user-friendly and can be used easily.
Cons of the Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker with SmartChef Technology
After knowing what the advantages of this smoker are, it’s time that you know what the disadvantages are. This way you can come up with a good conclusion if this is indeed a good buy or not. Here are a few:
- It’s a cheap electric smoker and although it may sound like a good idea to have, cheap smokers can easily break down after a few uses. Make sure that it is the kind of smoker you would like to invest money with.
- The app used in monitoring your food or food’s temperature doesn’t always connect with your phone. It might get frustrating to use or connect with.
- Since it is designed to have a “modern look and feel”, this smoker doesn’t come with a manual on how to control the smoker. You are stuck with the preset controls installed in the smoker.
- This smoker does not go up to 275 degrees on the temp range as advertised but only until 250 degrees.
- The firmware won’t update using the latest versions of Android or Apple and when the firmware doesn’t update, you cannot use the smoker.
In case you like working or cooking with a smoker that involves gas and flames then this may not be the smoker that might work out for you. Money value wise, this is a good option to take but if you don’t want to jeopardize performance for its price then this smoker is not a good pick at all. If by chance you enjoy the modern look and feel of an electric smoker that feels so 2016 then this is the best kind of smoker to use. It’s also cheap if your funds are limited to a certain price range not only that, if you love working on a no-fuzz smoker and prefer a smoker that can be operated easily then this is the best deal for your budget.
Truth is choosing the best kind of electric smoker can be tricky. You best know where it was made or what company made them first. See if the company has the reputation for making good and quality materials and if it is then you are off to a good start. Consider also the budget that you have and if you are only working on a few hundred dollars then it’s best to make comparisons as you shop for the best kind of smoker. It is also important that the smoker you choose is made of durable and heavy-duty materials. This way you don’t go spending your money on something that will break down easily. You must also consider the pros and cons so you know if the electric smoker that you chose is the best kind. Now that you know what to look for in a buying an electric smoker, I hope that you find this Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker with SmartChef Technology Review helpful. Enjoy your shopping and may the best electric smoker wins! Good luck!