Eating corn in a cob is great for snacks. It usually reminds me of summer whenever I see corn especially sweet ones. I mean, who can resist a good corn? If you love corn as much as I do and are curious as to how corn in a cobs are cooked then you will be happy to know that this article will teach you the best tips to do so. This method is quick, easy and simply gives you the best results of cooked corn in a cob.
Corns in a cob are great additions to any barbecue or dish. There are also many ways to cook corn and if you are wondering as to how long to cook corn in a cob might take then you will be happy to know that it doesn’t take hours to do so! Corns can be grilled but the best and easiest way to cook corn is by boiling. Here’s how.
You will need:
- At least four ears of corn or more.
- Salt, butter or any other garnish you like.
- Water for boiling.
- Big cooking pot.
- Tongs or fork.
- First remove the cork husks from your cork and wash the corn clean. If you are cooking more than four corns then make sure that you have a big pot to boil them in.
- Pour water into your pot and place it on high heat. Let the water boil.
- Once the water boils, add the corn and cover the pot.
- Place the heat on medium and place a timer. Make sure that keep note that corn kernels can be cooked within 5 minutes but if you like them extra soft, time your corn to 6-8 minutes.
- Add salt to the water if you want the corn to have a bit of taste.
- Once the corns are cooked, remove them from the water and drain them well.
- Brush with butter and serve while hot.
See how easy was that? Now you can cook corn in a cob any time you want with these easy instructions. Aren’t you glad you now know how to cook corn? Enjoy!