Meatloaf is great for late dinner-party because loaf itself means “lazy” so, that means making a meatloaf is easy-breezy. Do you want to be creative when it comes to your food? Then try making a meatloaf! It’s delicious and of course, made of meat. So to all of you meat eaters out there, here’s how you should do it.
This article will surely show you how to make one that is suitable for a late dinner-party with friends or family to give you an idea of how long to cook meatloaf. It will take about 20 minutes for prep time and an hour and 10 minutes cooking for the oven. Cooking in less effort, since the oven will do the baking but will give you a luxurious result that will leave them in awe. Alright, so let’s get started!
You will need:
- Two teaspoons of salt
- Half a teaspoon ground pepper
- Two teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup of ketchup, divide it to 1/3 and 1/3
- A pound and a half of ground beef
- A cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Two large eggs
- Two tablespoons of unsalted butter
- A cup finely chopped onion and green onion leaves
- One celery rib, finely chopped
- One carrot, finely chopped
- Half a cup of finely chopped green onion
- Three cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of fresh parsley leaves
- Loaf pan (either 4×8 or 5×9)
- Skillet for cooking
- Pre-heat the oven to 350⁰ F with a rack in the middle of the oven.
- While waiting, melt the butter in a thick-bottomed skillet on a medium heat. Once that the butter starts to foam, add the finely chopped onions, celery, carrot, green onions, and garlic to the pan and cook it for 5 minutes. You may need to cover the pan and cook it again and let it cook for 5 more minutes, until the carrot is tender and stir very often. Sprinkle the salt and pepper to add some flavor, after which add the Worcestershire sauce and the 1/3 cup of ketchup. Cook this for another minute and then remove from heat to cool.
- After the vegetables have cooled enough to touch, place it in a large bowl with the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs and parsley. Make sure your hands are clean for this process because you’re going to use them for mixing the ingredients together until it is all even.
- Now, time to place your meatloaf mixture into a loaf pan and make sure to press it firmly to the pan. And then, cover the meatloaf mixture with the remaining 1/3 ketchup at the top.
- Lastly, bake the meatloaf for an hour at 350 degrees or until meat thermometer reaches 155 degrees. You can now remove it from the oven and let it sit for about good 10 minutes. To get the meat loaf out of the pan, use a metal spatula to lift it out. Make thick slices and it is now ready to serve!