Potato is a good source of energy, which is also good for breakfast or even dinner. Although, baking potatoes takes more time than just popping it into the microwave but still a hands-off process. You can still do your chores or work while waiting for it to be ready to go down on that empty stomach. One large potato can fill up a good meal for a person. A perfect baked potato should be crispy on the outside but soft on the inside.
Things You need to cook a baked potato:
- One large potato
- Olive oil
- A fork
- A baking sheet covered in foil
- Heat up the oven to 425°degrees while preparing the potato.
- Scrub the potatoes thoroughly under a running water to make sure it’s clean and then pat them dry.
- Rub the potato all over with the olive oil and make sure the whole potato is covered in oil. You can use your hands (just make sure they’re clean) or a pastry brush for this. Then, sprinkle a generous amount of salt and pepper to each side of the potato.
- You need to poke holes into the potato with a fork in few as this will allow the steam to escape from the vegetable.
- There are two ways to bake potato, you can either; bake the potato directly to the oven rack or you can place them with few inches apart on a foil-line baking sheet. Bake them for 50 minutes to an hour and flip them for every 20 minutes. You can check the potato if they’re done by piercing a fork into it. You will know that it’s done when the skin is dry and the insides feel completely soft once it’s pierced.
This is optional but if you want a softer skin for the potato, you can wrap them in foil before baking. So now that you know how to bake a potato, go ahead and give it a try! Enjoy!