There are many ways to cook turkey but one of the most popular ways to do it is by roasting. Perhaps you are thinking that roasting turkey may be tough but it is one of the easiest ways to cook this bird. Now if you are interested to learn on how to cook a turkey and roasting it as a whole, all you need to do is take note of these easy as pie steps and you are good to go!
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Wash and pat your turkey dry with paper towels.
- Arrange the turkey in a flat, clean rack that is about 2 or 2 ½ inches deep. Place it with its breast side up.
- Grab the turkey’s wings and turn it backwards so it can hold the neck steady in place. If you can tuck them in a way that it can support the whole turkey then even better.
- Once the turkey is in place, brush it with cooking oil.
- Add the stuffing you have prepared and make sure that the turkey is not overstuffed. This might ruin the appearance of the turkey.
- Insert a meat thermometer that is oven-safe into the lower part of the turkey’s thigh. Make sure that it does not touch any bone.
- Place the turkey in the oven and allow the turkey to cook. About 2/3 away from being done, cover the turkey loosely with foil so it does not overcook.
- You will know that the turkey is done when the meat thermometer reaches 180 F in the thigh part and 165 F in the breast area or stuffing.
- Once the turkey is done, remove it from the oven and place it in a large platter. Let the turkey rest for about 15 minutes before carving it. Served with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!