I am not a turkey eater but I do love a good piece of turkey every now and then. However I can’t afford to cook the whole turkey all the time for that matter so in order to satisfy my cravings, I buy a good pound of turkey breast. Yes, you can buy them at your favorite grocery stores and you will be happy to know that you can cook turkey anytime and not just on special occasions.
There are many ways to cook turkey breast but the easiest way to do is by roasting them and you can roast turkey breasts any time especially when you are craving for a good slice. Other than that, roasted turkey breasts are great for guests or gatherings. You don’t have to cook the entire turkey but you can always serve these. If you have a new seasoning to try, turkey breast is a good choice of meat to try it on. Not only that are they great for grilling but turkey breasts makes great in addition to sandwiches, vegetable salads, pasta and many others. Now if you are wondering how to cook a turkey breast by grilling then the answer lies below.
You will need:
- 5-7 lbs. of turkey breast
- A tablespoon of salt
- A tablespoon of butter or oil
- Half a teaspoon black pepper.
- Roasting pan, a baking dish or skillet to use
- Roasting rack
- Foil for cover
- First preheat your oven to 450 degrees and place an oven rack at the bottom third row.
- With the use of butter and your choice of seasoning, rub the turkey breast. Sprinkle salt and pepper and make sure that they have covered all parts of the meat.
- Turn the heat down to 350 degrees. Place the turkey breast into the roasting pan or skillet and in the oven.
- Roast the turkey for about an hour before checking the temperature.
- If the turkey meat reaches 165 degrees, it is done but you can check every 10 to 15 minutes until all turkey meat is cooked through.
- To prevent the turkey meat from too much browning, cover it with foil loosely. This will also avoid scorching of the turkey in the oven.
- Once the turkey is done, remove it from the oven and tent it with foil. Let the turkey rest for about 15 minutes before serving. This will give the juices time to flow and for the turkey to become firm.
- Slice and serve.