Do you want a quick snack? Are you looking for something healthy to eat? Well if you are then why not pop some asparagus in the oven? They’re easy to prepare and quick to cook especially when done in the oven!
Asparagus are great when paired with dips or you can also eat them as they are however it is important that you cook them well before eating. So if you are ready to eat asparagus and cook them, here’s how to cook asparagus in the oven easily.
You will need:
- A pound of asparagus
- Olive or cooking oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Baking sheet
- Wash the asparagus clean and snap off the dry ends of the vegetable. Remove also the woody ends of the asparagus and discard them. Rinse them again and pat dry then set them aside.
- Preheat the oven at 425 degrees.
- Place the asparagus in the baking sheet and line them accordingly. Drizzle them with olive oil and coat the asparagus evenly.
- Sprinkle the vegetable with salt and pepper for taste.
- Place the asparagus in the oven and roast them for 15 to 20 minutes max. Note that the asparagus can be roasted depending on how you want them to taste.
- Once they are done, remove them from the oven and place them in a platter. Serve with your favorite dip or main dish.
As you can see, cooking asparagus in the oven is very easy. You can whip it up in no time! So if you are planning to treat yourself with a healthy snack or side dish, this is the vegetable you should try. Of course you can also cook this vegetable in different ways but roasting it would be the easiest. Why don’t you give it a try and see how it works? You will be glad that you did! Have fun!