A healthy snack cannot go wrong and if you want something healthy, you can try cooking spaghetti squash. This type of squash is easy to prepare and can be done in no time, all you need is a patience, a reliable oven and you are good to go! So how do you cook spaghetti squash anyway? Is there a special step to do? Truth is, it’s very easy to cook this squash, here’s how.
You will need:
- A medium size (or whatever size you prefer)
- Salt, pepper, sugar
- Fork and spoon
- Baking dish or pan
- Butter or oil
- Take the spaghetti squash and wash them clean.
- Slice it into two halves and remove the seeds and innards of the squash with the use of a spoon.
- To bake the squash, you need to preheat the oven first. Spray or brush the squash with oil or butter.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. You can also add sugar if you want something sweet. Place the squash in a baking dish with the shell side up.
- With a fork, poke or pierce the squash before putting it inside the oven.
- Bake the spaghetti squash for 40 minutes. Once done, let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the insides of the squash before serving.
You can also microwave the spaghetti squash, here’s how to do it:
- Slice the squash in two and place it in a microwavable dish. Add an inch of water to the dish.
- Put it in the microwave on high for 12 minutes. Let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Scrape the insides and prepare as desired.
Spaghetti squash are delicious. Make sure to cook it through and follow the directions. If you want something healthy to snack on then this is a good option. Give it a try and see how it goes, enjoy!