A healthy snack cannot go wrong, and if you want something healthy, you can try cooking spaghetti squash. This type of squash is easy to prepare and can be done in no time; all you need is patience, a reliable oven, and you are good to go! So how do you cook spaghetti squash anyway? Are there any secrets to it? The truth is, it’s straightforward to cook this squash. Here are the two easy ways that you can follow. Check it out!
- A medium-size (or whatever size you prefer)
- Salt, pepper, sugar
- Fork and spoon
- baking dish or pan
- Butter or oil
Baking a spaghetti squash
- Take the spaghetti squash and wash them clean.
- Slice it into two halves and remove the seeds and innards of the squash using a spoon.
- To bake the squash, you need to preheat the oven first. Spray or brush the squash with oil or butter.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. You can also add sugar if you want something sweet. Place the squash in a baking dish with the shell side up.
- With a fork, poke or pierce the squash before putting it inside the oven.
- Bake the spaghetti squash for 40 minutes. Once done, let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the insides of the squash before serving.
Using Microwave for the spaghetti squash
- Slice the squash in two and place it in a microwavable dish. Add an inch of water to the dish.
- Put it in the Microwave on high for 12 minutes. Let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Scrape the insides and prepare as desired.