Are you hesitant to try your cooking skill for a steak? Don’t be! Steak is one of those complicated dishes where we could find at expensive restaurants made by the greatest chefs, but why not try it and gain culinary level result?
A 1 pound of Rib Eye steak can feed for 2-4 people if you are going to make steak. So spending out a little too much for a pound steak will be cheaper than dining out. Keep in mind that it’s more expensive dining out than cooking in especially if you have people coming over. So why not splurge on a good meat for steak, right? In this article, we will help you learn some of the easiest and simplest steps on how to cook a steak in the oven in 15 minutes tops!
You will need:
- 1 one- pound rib eye steak
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cast iron skillet
- Long tongs
- Very thick oven mitt
- Drain out any juices from the steak and pat the steak dry with a paper towel. Let the steak come to a room temperature.
- Place your oven rack 6-8 inches below the broiler element and heat your skillet under the broiler for 10 to 20 minutes before cooking.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of canola oil or vegetable in a small bowl. Mix the salt and ground black pepper together. Brush the oil all over the steak and sprinkle generous amount of the mixed salt and pepper on both sides of the steak. Make a patting motion in applying the salt and pepper so that it will stick to the steak.
- You can now turn on your stove burner into high heat. Place the skillet and let it heat up.
- Place the steak into the pan, use long tongs for this and the steak will drizzle immediately. Cook the steak for 30 seconds then flip it over. Cook it again for another 30 seconds then flip it again.
- Turn your burner off then carefully put the skillet and steak back to the oven.
- Roast the steak for about 2 minutes on each side and use tongs when flipping it this will give you a medium-result. If you want it closer to medium just add 2 minutes to the oven time.
- Take the steak out from the oven (and don’t forget to turn it off) put it on a large cutting board and cover it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, you can now slice the steak in fan slices and serve immediately.
See, that wasn’t so bad! Now you can cook steak in your home any time!