Spaghetti squash is delicious when cooked right. If you haven’t tried cooking this type of squash just yet then you are in for a treat! In this article I will teach you two quick ways to cook this vegetable that you will surely enjoy. So if you are wondering how to cook a spaghetti squash and get the best results, here are the two easy ways that you can follow. Check it out!
You will need:
- A medium sized spaghetti squash
- Baking pan/sheet
- Microwavable dish
- Butter or oil
Baking a spaghetti squash
- First off, wash the squash and make sure they are clean before cooking.
- With a knife, cut the squash in two equal lengthwise parts.
- Use a spoon to scrape the seedy innards/insides of the squash until they are empty.
- Around this time, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. While the oven is preheating, prepare the squash.
- Brush the insides of the spaghetti squash with butter or oil and sprinkle salt and ground black pepper.
- Place them in a baking pan or sheet with their skin side up.
- Put them in the oven and bake them for about 40 minutes.
- You can check for the doneness of the squash by piercing it with a fork. If the fork goes through easily then it’s cooked through.
- Set aside for 15 minutes before eating.
Microwaving a spaghetti squash
- Place the sliced squash in a microwavable dish with its skin side up.
- Add about an inch of water to the dish and place them in a microwave.
- Cook the squash for about 12 minutes.
- Pierce the squash with a fork to check for its doneness.
- Set aside for about 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!