Cooking salmon is not as hard as you think it is. In fact, it’s no-brainer when you are cooking salmon and the time it takes to get it done is basically short and easy. However in terms of cooking salmon, you need a reliable oven to get the job done. How long to cook salmon and the steps that you need to follow are written in this article. So if you are ready to cook, here are the things you need.
You will need:
- Olive oil
- About 3 pounds of salmon fillets with skin
- Pepper and salt
- Lemon wedges
- Foil and roasting pan
- Before cooking salmon, preheat your oven to 425 degrees and place a rack lined with foil in the middle of the oven.
- Wash the salmon and pat it dry with paper towel.
- Place the salmon in the pan and rub it with salt, pepper and drizzle oil on top. Make sure that the oil is covered the salmon well but don’t put too much. Use your fingers or pastry brush to rub the oil in the salmon.
- Place the salmon on the pan with its skin side down and into the oven.
The cooking time for salmon takes about 4-6 minutes per half inch depending on the size of the salmon that you are using. If in case the salmon is big in size, extend your cooking time. This will give you better results. Keep in mind that salmon should not be undercooked or overcooked, so make sure to keep an eye on this when you are cooking.
- To check if the salmon is done, use a fork. The texture of the fish should be flaky; it should be ready by then. Make sure that all parts of the fish are not pink anymore too.
- Remove the salmon and serve it immediately with your favorite sauce or dip.
Now that you know how long to cook salmon, why not give it a try? You will surely love this recipe and enjoy a good, home-cooked salmon tonight!