Truth is, there are many ways on how you can cook pork loin. You can choose over dozens of ways to cook pork loin but perhaps one of the best ways to cook pork loin is by roasting it. Roast pork loin is great especially if you have special gravy to pair it with! In this article I will teach how you can do that and all you have to do is follow these simple steps.
Things You Will Need:
- A kilo of rolled and tied pork loin (minus the skin)
- Three bay leaves
- Two garlic cloves, sliced into thin slivers
- A bunch of rosemary
- One large carrot, chopped
- One onion, chopped
- One Bramley apple that is peeled and quatered, roughly sliced
- A tablespoon of oil
- Two tablespoon of plain flour
- A hundred milligrams of quality cider
- 500 ml of chicken stock or vegetable stock
Before roasting the pork loin, rub in the pork with salt 2 hours prior to cooking. Leave it in the fridge uncovered. After two hours, you can begin with the roasting process.
- Preheat the oven at about 230 degrees.
- Take the pork rind and with a small knife, make about six or eight deep incisions along the meat. Insert the garlic within these incisions along with a piece of rosemary and bay leaf. Add more salt to the pork if needed.
- In a roasting tray, place the mixed carrot, apple and onion as if you are making a bed for the pork loin to sit in.
- Brush oil into the meat and place the pork in the tray. Leave the pork in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn the heat down at 180 and continue to roast the pork loin for another hour and 30 minutes. Check the pork every 5 minutes until the crackled skin comes out.
- Once the 1 hour and 30 minutes is done, remove the pork from the tray. Let the pork rest in a board and pour the remaining fat from the tray.
- While letting the pork roast, combine the flour with the vegetable broth as well as the vegetables and cook it until it turns into a thick, dark colored paste. Add the cider and allow it to bubble down into a thick paste again. Pour more stock and let it simmer for 10 minutes until it turns into thick gravy.
- Strain the sauce and simmer again. Add seasoning to adjust the taste.
- Slice the pork and add the sauce. Serve with your favorite vegetables, enjoy!
So if you are looking for the best dish, this is the best way on how to cook pork loin! Not only are you going to enjoy a good roasted pork loin but the savory sauce as well. Give it a try today and see how it goes!